Saturday, November 28, 2009

Things to be Thankful for

Each girl experienced it as a child... the pants on the head, running around, pretending that the legs were locks of hair flowing over their shoulder. It may have been more common for girls with short hair, but at one point in each of our lives I think we were guilty of this act. It was quite common to see my sisters running around with their favorite pair of stretchy pants, tied up in a rubber band. My youngest niece had her 2nd birthday this week and already she started this. I couldn't help but take photos of her with the pants on the head and then a few others that are just adorable...











I started thinking when I began this entry, how thankful I am for family. For the innocence of the children in my life. Their free spirits and unwillingness to get upset for too long. I am thankful for the friends that support me each day. Even the ones that I haven't stayed super close to (to those of you, I'm going to try better this upcoming year). I know that they are in my corner; pushing me to my fullest potential. I'm thankful for the challenges I have in my life, usually I am unwilling to accept them but I know that they only teach me how to become a better person then I was yesterday. I'm thankful for the simple things in life; the country I live in, the job I have, the bed I sleep in. I'm thankful for the things I don't understand, because I know that God is in control and eventually everything will work out the way it's supposed to. So on this Thanksgiving, I know that more then ever I am blessed.

"What a world it would be if we could forget
our troubles as easily as we forget our blessings."

1 comment:

The story of a girl said...

your nieces are too too cute! Love the pics, and love the blog! You are great and I miss you tons and tons!!