Thursday, April 17, 2008

Home

I've been thinking a lot about feeling "Home sick". Whenever I get these feelings, I realize I have little places throughout Utah that help me chase away these negative emotions.
First: Borders! By far one of my favorite places to go when I need peace of mind. I love getting my Chi tea and walking up and down the aisles. I love grabbing random books about ghost ships or the making of the star wars movies. I love seeing friends anxiously engaged in conversation over a cup of coffee. Or the man sitting in the corner enthralled with his laptop. I call Borders my place of peace.
Second: The house of the family I nanny for. Whether or not the kids are there, I see the drawing on the fridge and the toys on the floor and I can hear their voices. They bring me happiness. I love the comfort of knowing that it is a place I can find refuge in. A place where I am loved and seen as the world in the eyes of three small children.
Third: The Spa! Enough said!
Fourth: The gym... even though I haven't been in months I remember how good it felt pushing myself and seeing the results.
Finally: My own home... being with my family. There isn't anything that can top that. It is my sanctuary!

1 comment:

Ash said...

I am at Borders more than my own home. Sometimes people try and sit on me because think I'm one of the permanent fixtures, truth. And I remember when I first discovered your love affair with Ghost Ships.