Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tis the Season

Well I am disappointed in myself for allowing so much time to go by without a new entry. However, I have to say that there is something about this time of year that gets me all excited and happy. I love the festivities, the music, the happy (and the angry) people and the gift of giving. I cherish the time I get to spend with loved ones while drinking hot chocolate and reminiscing about the past year. I love to think back when I was a child, anxiously anticipating Christmas morning to see what new toys and games the man in the red suit brought for me. I remember all of us kids sitting at the top of the steps waiting for the moment our name was called and we were allowed to see the presents that sat under the Christmas tree. As I am older now, one may think that those feelings rarely exist; however I still share the same excitement Christmas morning wondering what the round fellow brought me this year. One thing I realize now that was often overlooked when I was younger is the time I get to spend with family and loved ones. By far my favorite of all the gifts.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Update me! Please?

Ash said...

Hello?! Is there anybody out there?! You're not above Blogging, Gomer. You're not better than blogspot. Become one again with the virtual universe. It calls your name in sweet whispers. Embrace the Zen that is blogging. Your enlightenment. Yours Truly, Blogspot Dot Com